Media Relations Dept.
Radio interviews Available: Wednesday - Friday, June 12 -14
Marshall news index
Get releases sent directly to you!
Motions in nearby galaxy cluster reveal presence of hidden superstructure
Gravity Probe B mission begins collecting science to test Einstein's theory
For release: 06/07/02
Radio interview release #: 02-147
Attention: News Directors
Wednesday - Friday, June 12 -14
It's not your father's rocket!
NASA's Space Launch Initiative takes next step toward more affordable and safer space travel
- In just a few years, space travelers could fly cheaper, safer and more frequently than today.
- This will become reality with NASA's Space Launch Initiative (SLI) -- the second generation of reusable launch vehicles that will be cheaper, more reliable and safer.
- How will this new generation of space vehicles be designed and how will they look?
- NASA has just completed a review of proposals and narrowed the vehicle concepts proposed by three SLI architecture teams.
- This SLI architecture includes the vehicle, all the equipment that goes into space, as well as the components needed to carry out flight and ground operations.
- What's next? More scrutiny before the final and best ideas from industry, academia and government are picked for in-depth study later this year.
- Engineering and design firms from your area are involved in the SLI project.
||Dan Dumbacher, Deputy Program Manager
Space Launch Initiative
Marshall Space Flight Center
|To schedule interviews:
||Grant Thompson, Media Relations
June Malone, Media Relations
Visit the Marshall News Center for news media.
Newsroom Home | News releases | Photos | Fact sheets
Video | Audio | Bios | Press kits | Media services | Contact us