Media Relations Dept.
Radio interviews Available: Insert dates
Marshall news index
Get releases sent directly to you!
Motions in nearby galaxy cluster reveal presence of hidden superstructure
Gravity Probe B mission begins collecting science to test Einstein's theory
For release: 04/10/02
Satellite release #: 02-083
Attention: News Directors/Weekend Producers
Friday, April 12 & Saturday, April 13
Student teams from your area to compete in largest field ever at NASA's 9th annual Great Moonbuggy Race April 12-13
- Great Moonbuggy Race is April 12-13 at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Ala.
- In the biggest field ever for the event, 68 teams from 19 states, Puerto Rico and Colombia match skills in a “human-powered-showdown.”
- Students develop real-world solutions to engineering challenges, inspired by the first lunar roving vehicle — designed, developed and tested by NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center.
- Teams fight the clock — assembling their moonbuggies — and again when the two-member, coed teams power and navigate the vehicles over a half-mile “Moon-like” course.
- NASA’s Marshall Center, the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, the Aerospace Development Center of Alabama, Sci-Quest North Alabama Science Center and Huntsville’s WAFF-TV sponsor the event.
- Team members will be available to talk about the competition.
Who: Competitors from your area
To schedule interviews: Grant Thompson, Media Relations
Story information: Jerry Berg, Media Relations (256) 544-0034
Visit the Marshall News Center for news media.
Newsroom Home | News releases | Photos | Fact sheets
Video | Audio | Bios | Press kits | Media services | Contact us